We are currently living in Cyber-era, where the internet and computers have a foremost impact on our way of living and social life. The internet today has gone from being a technical wonder to being a lifestyle imperative. With the expansion of the internet, network security has now become a challenging task. here comes the role of Cyber-Security.
Cyber-Security protects the data and integrity of computing assets belonging to or connecting to an the organization’s network. Its purpose is to defend those assets against all threat actors throughout the entire life cycle of a cyber attack. Cyber-Security is in very much demand for big companies.
#Different fields and carriers in Cyber-Security
- Ethical Hacking: It is a test performed by Ethical Hackers to break into the server (with permission of the respective authorities) to make a test , to find vulnerabilities in it and how to understand how they can be exploited so that measure could be taken to safeguard it from any kind of cyber attack.
- Penetration testing: Penetration testing concerns the testing techniques on IT infrastructures to identify system vulnerabilities. Penetration testers attempt to (with authorization) hack into the computer and network systems to discover operating system vulnerabilities, service and application problems, improper configurations, etc. before outside intruders have the opportunity to cause real damage. Penetration tester majorly finds flaws in the network, web application, or software.
- Network Security: Network security is any activity designed to protect the usability and integrity of your network and data. It includes both hardware and software technologies.
- Chief Information Security Officer: The CISO is one who helms a company’s cybersecurity strategies. CISOs are directly responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing all computer, network, and data security needs of their employers.
- Cloud Security: Cloud security is the protection of data stored online from theft, leakage, modification, and deletion. Cloud security is a key concern for cloud storage providers. Major threats to cloud security include data breaches, data loss, account hijacking, service traffic hijacking, insecure application program interfaces (APIs), poor choice of cloud storage providers, and shared technology that can compromise cloud security. Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks are another threat to cloud security.
- Malware Analysis: It refers to the process by which the purpose and functionality of the given malware samples are analyzed and determined. The culled out information from the malware analysis provides insights into developing an effective detection technique for the malicious codes. Additionally, it is an essential aspect of developing efficient removal tools that can perform malware removal on an infected system.
- Cyber Forensics: It is the application of scientifically proven methods to gather, process, interpret, and to use digital evidence to provide a conclusive description of cybercrime activities. Cyber forensics also includes the act of making digital data suitable for inclusion into a criminal investigation.
- Cryptanalysis: Cryptanalysis is the study of methods for obtaining the meaning of encrypted information, without access to the secret information that is typically required to do so.