How to call one job from another job
We need to create another job in Jenkins with freestyle selection, after that go to source code menu
https://github.com/sunildevops77/TestingNew.git, Click on Apply & save.
Click on configure & build, add execute shell give message echo “testing passed”.
After job process done 1,2,3 completed then it calls 2 job 4. for that go to 1st job click on configure and go to post build click on build other projects give the details as Testing.
First Start All the AWS Machines.
Connect Dev Server
Start the Jenkins
java -jar jenkins.war
Stage 1 : Continuous Download START CI-CD
1) Create New item as free style project
2) Click on source code managment
3) Select GIT
4) Enter the URL of github reposiditory
5) Click on apply and save
6) Run the Job
7) Check the console output.
8) Connect to the dev server
9) Go to the location where code is downloaded
sudo su –
cd path of the folder
Stage 2 : Continuous Build
Convert the java files in to artifact ( .war file)
10) Click on configure of the same job
11) Go to Build Section
12) Click on add build step
13) Click on Invoke top level maven targets
14) Enter the goal as package
15) click on apply and save
16) Run the Job
17) Click on number & click on console output
18) Copy the path of the war file and check the file in the linux machine
sudo su –
Stage 3 :Continuous Deployment
Now we need to deploy the war file into the QA Server.
19) For this we need to install “deploy to container” plugin.
Go to Dasboard
Click on manage jenkins
Click on manage plugins
Click on avaiable section
Search for plugin ( deploy to container )
Select that plugin and click on install without restart.
20) Click on post build actions of the development job
21) Click on add post build actions
22) Click on deploy war/ear to container
23) Enter the path of the war file (or)
we can give **/*.war in war/ear files.
24) Context path: qaenv
25) Containers : select tomcat 8
Credentials : Click on add
enter tomcat user name and password
Click on add
give the private ip of the QA server.
26) Click on apply and save
27) Run the job
28) To access the home page
Step 1: Connect to Devserver from git bash
Step 2: Start Jenkins ( java -jar jenkins.war )
Step 3: Create new item ( Name – testing )
Source code management tab, Git
Repository URL – https://github.com/sunildevops77/TestingNew.git
Apply — Save
Step 4: Run the job.
Step 5: Check the path of the files which are downloaded.
Step 6: Configure the same job ( testing )
Build — Add build Step — Execute shell
( Command: java -jar testing.jar )
Command: echo ” Testing passed”
Now both are independent job.
To call testing job after development job is completed
Go to first job ( demo ) — configure
Post build actions — add post build action — build other project –
Projects to build – testing ( name of the job)
Copying artifacts from development job to testing job
The artifacts (war) created by the development job should be passed to the testing job so that the testing job can deploy that into tomcat in the prod environment.
1) Go to Jenkins dashboard
2) Go to manage jenkins
3) Click on Manage plugins
4) Search for “Copy Artifact” plugin
5) Install the plugin
Stage 5 : Continous Delivery
1) Go to Development job
2) Go to Configure
3) Go to Post build actions tab
4) Click on add post build action
5) Click on Archive the artifacts
6) Enter **/*.war
7) Click on apply and save
8) Go to testing Job
9) Click on configure
10) Go to Build section
11) Click on add build steps
12) Click on copy artifacts from another project
13) Enter Development as project name
14) For Deployment Go to Post build actions section
15) Click on add post build action
16) Click on deploy war/ear to a container
17) Enter **/*.war in war/ear files
18) Context path : prodenv
19) Click on add container
20) Select tomcat 8
21) Select your Credentials
22) Enter private ip:8080 of the prod server
23) Click on Apply and save
7) enter linux command in Prod Server – cd /etc/tomcat8/
8) enter linux command in prod Server – ls
9) You will find the file tomcat-users.xml
10) Open the file — sudo vim tomcat-users.xml
11) In the end we need to add one statement
<user username=”learning” password=”sunilsunil” roles=”manager-script,manager-status,manager-gui”/>
12) we need to restart the service
sudo service tomcat8 restart